Wild at Heart, Imaginations Unlimited
Our beloved home for five years, where we got our hands dirty with passion and possibilities. Built in 1900, it had lost none of its seductive qualities – a south-facing garden, great proportions and vibrant neighbourhood – a heady siren call for two eco-enthusiasts. We built lofty loft spaces and sun-trapped a new Mediterranean garden. We salvaged floor tiles from a Belgian monastery and made pine floors and ceilings reclaimed from an old auditorium. We got a little cranky with our imaginations too, including a salvaged bathtub for an outdoor hot tub. Our beloved home, but also a showpiece for the undiluted essence of what we do and how we think.
“Anna and Charles bring a provocative, imaginative whimsy devoted to creating beautiful and livable spaces. They raise the bar on what is possible. The house and garden are embodied with an energized peacefulness. Each individual room has a sense of balance and ease, and the whole is even more than the sum of its parts.”
- Blown-in cellulose cavity wall insulation.
- Poured concrete floor and underfloor heating on ground floor.
- Solar thermal for hot water and underfloor heating.
- High-efficiency boiler.
- Smart metering.
- New wooden double-glazed windows to meet conservation standards.
- High airtight properties and warmth retention.
- ‘Low flow’ bathroom fixtures and toilets.