Former Drug House Turned Family Bliss
The end. Once there was a drug house and once there was a small house, and no-one cared for the garden. So we turned the drug house into a family home, we made the small house live larger and we connected them both to a fine-looking shared garden. These new happy, healthy homes radiate into the city community, where everyone gets a little shine on them and feels the warmth. The beginning.
“Charles and Anna combine elements of Western practicality with Eastern Zen. Their work is low impact environmentally but high impact on beauty and a sense of how community might be encouraged to gather.”
Steve Bennett, owner, 3016 Taggart
- Blown-in cellulose cavity wall insulation.
- Foam insulated loft and ceiling space.
- High-efficiency boiler with underfloor heating throughout.
- All new wood double-glazed windows, argon filled for high thermal performance.
- Plumbed ready for adoption of solar thermal in second phase.
- ‘Low flow’ bathroom fixtures and toilets.
- 1700-gallon water catchment cistern concealed beneath garden decking.
- Reclaimed materials and natural finishes throughout.